Nenix Dreams

A journey on Trading

About Me
Information about me, how the site works and how I came to a decision to do this site.click here
Stock Sell Counter
Stock Sell Counter Rating

Under Construction

Transactions of stocks
Below is a table of stocks that I have traded before. This will be stickied on top of blog for easier navigation.

[+/-] A to D
[+/-] E to G
[+/-] H to L
[+/-] M to Q
[+/-] R to S
[+/-] T to Z
NTS Development Issues

Updated Portfolio
Currency Exchange
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Inception of the fund
Well well well, after some research and what not, I manage to model my portfolio as a fund. This way, I could track my progress with the STI index. I try to keep my unit price as accurate as possible, accruing liabilities etc... So much work... no wonder accountants are in demand.

Anyway, the launch price will be at an initial value of SGD$1.00, incepted in 1st August 2006. The reason I use the date is because it is only from that period, that I maintain my finances using a software call Quicken. This program has now been inseperable from me.

Anyway, before reading up, I thought my returns were like 30+% withing 4 months. LOL. It was unbelievable.. But I realised that I just could add my future investments and consider it as growth. Silly me.. Then I tweaked it around, and I was saddened by the new rate. 11%. What a contrast. I failed the index by more than 50%. After further reading, I sorted out the problems and its now at a modest rate of 20% (still quite a distance off the index returns but at least its 20+% returns.)

After trading for two years, I begin to feel that I'm now trading not for the money, but for the challenge. The market is really an amazing place. Psychology of traders, how people react etc never fail to amaze me. And its good that I'm more composed now. Even though I made silly trades, since august (which is the turning point for my trading journey), I keep to my rules in my trading system. Of course, lots of tweaking is going on to perfect it, but this process is so damn fun.

Back to topic, this fund focuses on only the local market at the moment. After accumulation of more capital, I will allocate to the US market. Right now, I'm only trying to figure the differences between markets.

Anyway, I hope I could handle a big correction (bear market). This will be a good test. Wish me luck and I hope that after a crash, I could still be here to continue boasting about my results and not whining.

Cheers

Labels:

posted by Nenix @ 1:56 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
NenixDreams Fund
Fund launchprice on 1st August 2006= $1

Target for 2007 = Beat STI index

Current price of NDF as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.58

Current price of STI as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.54

Difference with STI index is 0.04

Links
Tools that Generate Passive Income

Previous Post
Archives