|
| Wednesday, July 18, 2007 |
| Losses |
So much to write today. Today, i suffered a huge loss. Maybe larger than the February correction.
I will start with the CFD components-
Rotary: Bought more at $1.45 cost averaging to $1.44. Sold during the cut loss trigger of $1.36 at about -27.77%
OKP: Sold the short term components at $0.98 and $0.88 with cost average at $0.84. A result of 63.49% profit is reached.
TiongWoon: Sold short term components at $1.12 and $1.05 with cost average at $1.086. A result of 7.596%
Touching on the Cash components-
AsiaEnv: One of the weak stocks I wanted to exit as it is so close to my exit signal. Bought on an average of $0.84 while I sell it at a price of $0.835 resulting a -0.595%
MiddleEastD: Another one of the weak stocks that was near my exit signal. Bought on an average of $0.387 and sold at $0.37 at a -4.39% loss
Soilbuild: This stock hit my cut loss limit at 1.61. Bought at 1.78. Exceeded my cut loss limit. Sold at a -9.55% loss
MapleTreeLog: It once touched my cut loss limit at 1.40. But decided to hold as it is recovering. Breached further and thus cut loss at 1.37 at a -6.8% loss
CreativeMast: Least expected to breach but it happened. Cut loss at 0.23 when I bought at 0.265 at a loss of -13.2%
Overall, my portfolio has reduced from $1.74 to $1.58, resulting in a 9.195% decrease. Like I mentioned, this will be the worst case scenario even though I still have holdings. One of the reasons that it is worse than estimations is because of difficulty in selling some of my shares. I have catered to a 15% risk at max and I am quite sure that it won't exceed this limit.
My remaining shares are base shares and it will be kept for middle-term. So short term cut losses will not apply to these shares. I will only trigger a sell if it crosses my mid-term signal.
For CAO, it still has short-term holdings. This is because, at the point of buying CAO, i did not have a system of allocation. However, it has not hit short term exit points. An exit will take place at around $2.69 for the short term holdings.
Labels: AsiaEnv, CreativeMast, MapleTreeLog, MiddleEastD, OKP, Rotary, Soilbuild, TiongWoon |
posted by Nenix @ 8:42 PM   |
|
|
|
| Thursday, July 12, 2007 |
| Portfolio Updates |
CreativeMaster remains the highest risk stock because of its volatility. 5d EMA just crossed the 12d EMA justing that it might trend up while MACD seems to be diverging upwards. I think barring nothing catastrophic happen globally, CreativeMaster will start trending up by next week.
MiddleEastD shows a weakening in trend. Exit has been planned. This is one of the reasons why Soildbuild, MapleTreeLog and CreativeMaster are loaded as to replace those potentially weak trends. Shall wait for tomorrow's EOD before making any decision. Hopefully the "friday" effect wont have a great impact on it.
OKP has a strong trend but risk entailed is high as its volatility is rather significant. However, the momentum is strong for this stock and thus this occupies a significant percentage of my holdings
TiongWoon also exhibit strong trends but momentum isnt as strong as OKP. It is less volatile than OKP, thus it is the second largest position in my portfolio.
AsiaEnv has weakened trend after the placement. Like MiddleEastD, it is one of those that might be sold if it hits the trigger. Contrary to my previous comment that it is going to trend up, the price seems to be heading for consolidation at around $0.84. Knowing that, I still have to be disciplined and keep to my exit triggers.
ChinaAviationOil has exhibit a strong trend. Momentum seems to have peaked and should consolidate at around $3. Comparing returns per unit risk, CAO seems to be the top stock in my portfolio, thus occupying around 46+++% of my portfolio.
SoilBuild was loaded to act as a transition to stocks with weak trends. This itself has been on my radar for a long time but due to lack of funds, I gave it a pass. Trend now is ok but it seems to be consolidating as well.
MapleTreeLog was loaded as a transition phase to stocks that I might exit. It fulfils the primary buying signal that the 12d EMA crosses the 26d EMA. However, market strength in this counter seems to be rather weak. Might trigger selling signal soon as well
BrightWorld was meant to be unloaded due to weakness in technicals. However, the price reversal today caught me by surprise. Thus I will still be holding on to it till the trend bends
Risk taken has increased to 8.648% of portfolio value and 11.14% of cost value. The risk incurred with respect to cost value exceeded my limit, thus, all buying shall cease until more equities reach "zero-risk" status.
Overall, the main shares I hold, barring AsiaEnv, are doing well, while other transition stocks seems to be consolidating. I do not expect tomorrow to surge again as profit taking might most probably rule over most. Getting tired now. So have a good Friday aheadLabels: AsiaEnv, BrightWorld, ChinaAviationOil, CreativeMast, MapleTreeLog, MiddleEastD, OKP, Soilbuild, TiongWoon |
posted by Nenix @ 11:39 PM   |
|
|
|
| Wednesday, July 11, 2007 |
| CreativeMast |
Like Soildbuild, this used to appear constantly on my screened stocks. And like Soilbuild, I think I have entered in a little late. However, this is more volatile than Soilbuild, thus in my context of calculations, it bears higher risk. However, I decide to load a small position. I do not expect this to be a multi-bagger even though the trend is rather strong.
Another reason for loading this is because my other holdings (BrightWorld and MiddleEast and maybe MapleTreeLog) are showing price weakness. This might be a transition phase for those equities whereby their trend seems to die down.
Loaded @ 0.265.Labels: CreativeMast |
posted by Nenix @ 11:29 AM   |
|
|
|
|
| NenixDreams Fund |
| Fund launchprice on 1st August 2006= $1
Target for 2007 = Beat STI index
Current price of NDF as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.58
Current price of STI as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.54
Difference with STI index is 0.04
|
| Links |
|
|
| Tools that Generate Passive Income |
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
|
|