Nenix Dreams

A journey on Trading

About Me
Information about me, how the site works and how I came to a decision to do this site.click here
Stock Sell Counter
Stock Sell Counter Rating

Under Construction

Transactions of stocks
Below is a table of stocks that I have traded before. This will be stickied on top of blog for easier navigation.

[+/-] A to D
[+/-] E to G
[+/-] H to L
[+/-] M to Q
[+/-] R to S
[+/-] T to Z
NTS Development Issues

Updated Portfolio
Currency Exchange
Monday, June 25, 2007
Another Mid-day posting
Primary template is done!! I'm so proud of mysefl today. Just listed down the drawdowns of such methods. But for the moment, total automation is out of the picture. Still need time to test the system.

The template does help as I can analyze the effect of buying this particular shares. Some of the issues are being addressed.

Impact on portfolio:
Every addition of a position will affect the weightage of the portfolio. As a strong believer in riding profits, the weightage of good trending stocks must be higher than the others, but not to the extent of overweighing it such that diversification do not exist. This template calculates changes to overall risk, changes to potential returns of the stock, making it easier to compare the differences such that the loading of positions would be more optimal.

Suggested number of position to load:
Especially for new entries, risk entailed is usually higher. What this template does is that it could
suggest the number of lots to enter based on the amount of risk that I could still take. This is just a guideline though, which is derived from the volatility of the stock.

Technical Analysis
Thinking back, my focus is mainly on portfolio management. I'm not a hardcore technical analyst, but I do believe in effect of support and resistance as they are symptoms of the psychology of the mass market. This template look at basic indicators and just churn out the figures. Well, to date, I still can't automate the grading process, but this template makes it simpler as all the numbers are on 1 landscape A4 size paper.

Conclusion
I'm certainly proud of myself to come up with this. I know there are still some issues I need to consider and some cases I need to simulate to make sure that my edge still remains. The selling part is kinda tricky as my template is more biased towards the buying part.

Part 2 will be to enter the data for all my stocks for 2+ years. Thats a big chore. It would be wonderful if I have a personal assistant to help me out.. hahaha.. Well, for now, it's mostly DIY.

Labels:

posted by Nenix @ 1:50 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
NenixDreams Fund
Fund launchprice on 1st August 2006= $1

Target for 2007 = Beat STI index

Current price of NDF as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.58

Current price of STI as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.54

Difference with STI index is 0.04

Links
Tools that Generate Passive Income

Previous Post
Archives