Nenix Dreams

A journey on Trading

About Me
Information about me, how the site works and how I came to a decision to do this site.click here
Stock Sell Counter
Stock Sell Counter Rating

Under Construction

Transactions of stocks
Below is a table of stocks that I have traded before. This will be stickied on top of blog for easier navigation.

[+/-] A to D
[+/-] E to G
[+/-] H to L
[+/-] M to Q
[+/-] R to S
[+/-] T to Z
NTS Development Issues

Updated Portfolio
Currency Exchange
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Rotary on hindsight
Everyone can make lots of money from hindsight.. But then again, this post is not on what ifs. Reason I wanna write it down is so that I can learn from it. In this blog full of investment/trading mistakes, this is most probably another small mistake in a sea of others.

Is the decision to sell Rotary a mistake?

Like I mentinoned when I sold it, I do have mixed feelings about it. However, whats the take away on this trade?

I feel that my CFD risk management is not good enough. This arises from a fatal calculation error for risk per unit cost for CFD holdings, which as a result, caused a huge drawdown during the recent correction.

But I feel that on the whole, I now have a clear concept on my trading style and it's a good thing in my opinion. At the very least, my new batch of trades (OKP, TiongWoon, MapleTreeLog) are done sticking to my concept.

The test will come when I have to make a decision to exit TiongWoon.

Eventually, exit strategies are much more important than entry strategies because it is only when you exit that either losses are cut, or profits are realised. All the hoohaa that happen in between doesn't have much bearing.


P.S. Haven been updating my stocks for 4 days already due to laptop issues. Will do so today.

Labels:

posted by Nenix @ 1:04 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
NenixDreams Fund
Fund launchprice on 1st August 2006= $1

Target for 2007 = Beat STI index

Current price of NDF as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.58

Current price of STI as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.54

Difference with STI index is 0.04

Links
Tools that Generate Passive Income

Previous Post
Archives