Nenix Dreams

A journey on Trading

About Me
Information about me, how the site works and how I came to a decision to do this site.click here
Stock Sell Counter
Stock Sell Counter Rating

Under Construction

Transactions of stocks
Below is a table of stocks that I have traded before. This will be stickied on top of blog for easier navigation.

[+/-] A to D
[+/-] E to G
[+/-] H to L
[+/-] M to Q
[+/-] R to S
[+/-] T to Z
NTS Development Issues

Updated Portfolio
Currency Exchange
Friday, June 29, 2007
Fatal error in system
Initially I thought if lets say I have 3 lots of rotary using cash bought at $1 and 3 lots of rotary bought at $1.10, the average cost should be $1.10.



But thing is, because when you are using CFD, the cost isn't just 3000 x $1.10. It is actually 3000 x $1.10 / 5. But if we use this formula, the cost average of Rotary would be [($1 x 3000) + ($1.10 x 3000 / 5) ] / 6000 = $0.61??



But that also means the risk per unit cost is magnified.



Hmm.. maybe this is a more accurate way calculation, so i guess there are two ways now. First, CFD positions should not be mixed with the cash portions. Secondly, I will use this new averaged cost since it will make me have a clearer picture of the whole portfolio.

But seriously, I think I really overlooked this point. Failed to grasp the over exposed risk. Any readers, if any, care to comment if I overlooked anything?

Labels:

posted by Nenix @ 10:36 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
NenixDreams Fund
Fund launchprice on 1st August 2006= $1

Target for 2007 = Beat STI index

Current price of NDF as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.58

Current price of STI as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.54

Difference with STI index is 0.04

Links
Tools that Generate Passive Income

Previous Post
Archives