Nenix Dreams

A journey on Trading

About Me
Information about me, how the site works and how I came to a decision to do this site.click here
Stock Sell Counter
Stock Sell Counter Rating

Under Construction

Transactions of stocks
Below is a table of stocks that I have traded before. This will be stickied on top of blog for easier navigation.

[+/-] A to D
[+/-] E to G
[+/-] H to L
[+/-] M to Q
[+/-] R to S
[+/-] T to Z
NTS Development Issues

Updated Portfolio
Currency Exchange
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
AAR
Ok. Today, I made mistakes again. I'm super frustrated with myself. My profits from 11th June was wiped out. Currently, I'm holding an overall 44% returns since August 2006. I've liquidated all my stocks and now holding 100% cash. I shall now do an After-Action-Review.

While it is right of me to cut loss for most of my stocks, as they had hit the volatility trigger, there are stocks which i sold because I panicked as most of my stocks fell beyond the volatility limit. Seksun, BioTreat and Brightworld shouldn't be sold.

On the contrary, Ferrochina should be sold the moment its volatility limit is triggered yesterday. Instead, I chose to override it, wanting to focus on longer terms. If there is a lesson to be learned, I must rehearse fully of what happens when such scenarios happen. My maximum cut loss limit does cater to such situations, but I sold those that I should not have sold together with those that should be sold.

In the February correction:
NDF fell from $1.28 to $1.11, which is 13%.
STI fell from $1.32 to $1.22, which is 7.57%
In the slight correction in June:
NDF fell from $1.65 to $1.52, which is 7.8%
STI fell from $1.48 to $1.45, which is 2.02%
In this August correction:
NDF fell from $1.74 to $1.44, which is 17.24%
STI fell from $1.50 to $1.40, which is 6.67% (not ended yet)

Conclusion is that during the bull run, my stocks accelerate much faster than the STI, but the impact of fall is much greater as well. I feel my timing of buys have not been good enough, or maybe, my cutloss is not tight enough. I seriously need to rethink it through. Tight cut loss = more trades = more cost. Broad cut loss = less trades = less cost but higher loss. Its difficult to understand

Labels:

posted by Nenix @ 10:19 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
NenixDreams Fund
Fund launchprice on 1st August 2006= $1

Target for 2007 = Beat STI index

Current price of NDF as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.58

Current price of STI as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.54

Difference with STI index is 0.04

Links
Tools that Generate Passive Income

Previous Post
Archives