Nenix Dreams

A journey on Trading

About Me
Information about me, how the site works and how I came to a decision to do this site.click here
Stock Sell Counter
Stock Sell Counter Rating

Under Construction

Transactions of stocks
Below is a table of stocks that I have traded before. This will be stickied on top of blog for easier navigation.

[+/-] A to D
[+/-] E to G
[+/-] H to L
[+/-] M to Q
[+/-] R to S
[+/-] T to Z
NTS Development Issues

Updated Portfolio
Currency Exchange
Sunday, September 02, 2007
End August Highlights

This month is rather bad due to its volatility. I have seen my profits (unrealized) cut from 70+% to a recent value of 41%. Market is still volatile, but no doubt, we have seen reversals in the price. In my opinion, it takes a lot of bad news to push the price below the bottom of the recent correction. Recently I have loaded in positions. I have decided to spread my risk by getting more equities. Like in my previous posts, what rebounded back strongly shows good support by the fundamentalists. Rotary, PacAndes, Boustead, Federal, TiongWoon, FerroChina all came back strongly.

If you ask me if I should top up or to load more in other positions, it really depends on the situation. At the moment, my current holdings have stretched my risk limit to a significant level. However, as I have now gone against the idea of cost averaging, each position loaded will be treated uniquely. For example MMPReit at 1.17 will be treated different with that of MMPReit at 1.09. Both will now have different cut loss points. I feel this is fairer as the position bought at a
lower price should not be burderned by a position bought at a higher price.

Anyway, with regards to my portfolio, during the correction/reversal, I managed to load up some STI ETF funds. To my surprise, this fund is severely illiquid with its bid ask spread being significantly huge. And furthermore, it does not track the STI. when STI went below 3000, never once did I see this fund go below this level. Anyway, this ETF is meant to be put for a longer period and I have not intentions of letting it go. The same should go for MMP Reit as I will be holding it for long periods of time. These two instruments (Reit and ETF) take up about 10+% and it will be my foundation. Other stocks are meant for trading with accordance to my trend following rules and right now, these positions are loaded because they have met my criteria. Due to fear, I did not go short and I think that will boil down to lost opportunities. Anyway, hope things are bright and rosy for the month of September, even though I think September will still be a bad month.

Labels:

posted by Nenix @ 2:35 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
NenixDreams Fund
Fund launchprice on 1st August 2006= $1

Target for 2007 = Beat STI index

Current price of NDF as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.58

Current price of STI as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.54

Difference with STI index is 0.04

Links
Tools that Generate Passive Income

Previous Post
Archives