Nenix Dreams

A journey on Trading

About Me
Information about me, how the site works and how I came to a decision to do this site.click here
Stock Sell Counter
Stock Sell Counter Rating

Under Construction

Transactions of stocks
Below is a table of stocks that I have traded before. This will be stickied on top of blog for easier navigation.

[+/-] A to D
[+/-] E to G
[+/-] H to L
[+/-] M to Q
[+/-] R to S
[+/-] T to Z
NTS Development Issues

Updated Portfolio
Currency Exchange
Monday, June 02, 2008
The pursuit of Dreams
It has always been a dream to be a successful trader. Somehow, it seems like its darn difficult for me to convince people about my conviction. Just this morning, I went for the second round of interview in Saxon Financial Limited. Even before the interview started, I kinda knew that I was on the fringe among the pool of successful candidates from the first round.

Anyway, its kinda disheartening when they do not let you know the reason for not getting the job. Things like "You are ok but not good enough" doesn't help much when they don't tell you why. While its important to get a job, I will still pursue my dream of becoming a successful trader. The obstacles are there and they seem to get higher and higher and definitely, the risk of falling from great heights will be higher as you go up BUT I will persist.

What will I do from here?
1) I have to continue with what I'm doing.. to refine my trading system
2) I have to broaden my search for a job. Hopefully, the skills could one day be transferable to a trading position in the future.
3) I must improve my knowledge in the financial markets. Knowledge in Singapore Equities is not enough. Different markets, different products should be studied as well.

Most immediate thing to do
1) Write a timetable for which I will read on different products, news, etc etc. ( I know I sometimes will become ill disciplined and having a realistic timetable will keep me in check).
2) Summarize and document useful articles and concepts for review.


I am pissed, disappointed, sad, and a mixture of all negative feelings at the moment. Of cos, this is nothing compared to the mood when the subprime just exploded. Knowing this, I must pick myself up. And I know I will.
posted by Nenix @ 4:35 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
NenixDreams Fund
Fund launchprice on 1st August 2006= $1

Target for 2007 = Beat STI index

Current price of NDF as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.58

Current price of STI as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.54

Difference with STI index is 0.04

Links
Tools that Generate Passive Income

Previous Post
Archives