Nenix Dreams

A journey on Trading

About Me
Information about me, how the site works and how I came to a decision to do this site.click here
Stock Sell Counter
Stock Sell Counter Rating

Under Construction

Transactions of stocks
Below is a table of stocks that I have traded before. This will be stickied on top of blog for easier navigation.

[+/-] A to D
[+/-] E to G
[+/-] H to L
[+/-] M to Q
[+/-] R to S
[+/-] T to Z
NTS Development Issues

Updated Portfolio
Currency Exchange
Monday, June 25, 2007
Random Thoughts #3
In life, there are some who wow people through style. Stylish way of investing, multibagger returns, and something similar. But I dont think I can get that sort of return. 400% return on a stock A? 4000% on stock B? I don't think I ever could have the ability to find that. But then again, thinking back, does it really matter if it's 400%, 4000%, 4000000% returns?

To me, what matters is the absolute returns that you get. For the not-so-savvy-investor like me, I decided to choose a different route. Using properly managed leverage to help me. Thus, even a 5% return could possibly match a 400% return of another stock.

It's just like Naruto using its Kyubi chakra to do a Fuuton rasengan. But of course, this is a double edged sword. Carelessness could not be tolerated. But does that mean that I am incurring more risk? Nope. If you have your exit strategy properly planned out, things will never be as bad as it seems. Sure enough, my 60+% returns might be wiped out to maybe 40%, but that is the rule of the game. Survive so that you can fight another day.

I really envy some of my peers who could analyze a stock in such depth. But these are people who have their first-class honors, who are in the dean's list, who could pass level 1 CFA on first attempt. Alas, I am just a normal kid who dreams big, who degree is not even second-upper, who has never known what dean's list is all about, and of cos, getting dissappointing grades for all my finance modules in NUS.

Luckily, the market is a fairplace. It doesn't discriminate people. 'N' level, 'O' level, diploma, degree, dishwasher auntie, academic failures etc etc all have similar opportunities. So I'm glad that I'm not deprived of such opportunity. All I hope is that I could at least have decent returns in the future, save enough, so that hopefully by 45, I could start eating the fruits of my labor with my family and loved ones, and of cos be able to play games like no tomorrow.. haa.
For now, the tree I planted is just a sprout. haha.

Throughout this journey, I know this blog will be continually be updated with mistakes and bloopers. But I'm just a normal bloke and I know my mistakes will be more than my achievements. All I hope is that I have the calmness and rationality to think over it.




P.S Just felt like blabbering as most of my peers I talk to recently are all scholars, first-class honors with decent pay etc. But they aren't satisfied. Such is human nature I guess.

Measuring their value, their potential is much much higher than what I am, and seriously, I would swap my position with them anytime.

Labels:

posted by Nenix @ 2:13 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
NenixDreams Fund
Fund launchprice on 1st August 2006= $1

Target for 2007 = Beat STI index

Current price of NDF as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.58

Current price of STI as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.54

Difference with STI index is 0.04

Links
Tools that Generate Passive Income

Previous Post
Archives