Nenix Dreams

A journey on Trading

About Me
Information about me, how the site works and how I came to a decision to do this site.click here
Stock Sell Counter
Stock Sell Counter Rating

Under Construction

Transactions of stocks
Below is a table of stocks that I have traded before. This will be stickied on top of blog for easier navigation.

[+/-] A to D
[+/-] E to G
[+/-] H to L
[+/-] M to Q
[+/-] R to S
[+/-] T to Z
NTS Development Issues

Updated Portfolio
Currency Exchange
Friday, July 20, 2007
20th July 2007 Update
This week is considered a bad week for me. The shakeup obviously took a toll on me triggering most of the cut loss limits. My weaker stocks like AsiaEnv, MiddleEast, MapleTreeLog were all near exit points before the stocks fell on Wednesday. This shakeup just made the decision more decisive, even though if I had exited earlier, a sizeable amount of loss will be minimized.
Soilbuild and CreativeMaster were the ones that were triggered due to huge falls. Like mentioned, the initial entry is a 'test water' sort of entry and it's still under observation whether it should be converted to be a base stock (mid-term horizon). Trends look good when I entered though.
Yesterday(Thursday), I loaded base positions for TiongWoon, OKP, and Ferrochina, whereby among most stocks, OKP seems to be the more promising one, which I might load more base positions. The reason why base positions are required is that I will be eligible for rights. CFD do not cater to rights and thus liquidation have to be done.
Anyway, I also decided against the idea of mixing the costs of contracts. Obviously, CFDs are different from Cash contracts and they have to be seperated. And for the CFD contracts, I will be using the FIFO (First-in-first-out) calculation method. If I cost average the CFD contracts and then sell partially, it will make accounting for CFD contracts more difficult.
A side note, even though my current CFD holdings are in the red, notice that the overall value of cfd has increased over 10%. This is because of the FIFO method. For example, after covering some of the OKP contracts, the only remaining is those that I bought at $1.01. this makes a difference of -0.35 loss.
I will look in depth on my holdings tomorrow night and then start populating data for my new templates for my system. Sadly speaking, I'm still using the beta version and thus buying positions are a bit off as I am estimating at the moment. Hopefully, picture becomes clearer.
Have a good weekend.

Labels:

posted by Nenix @ 10:57 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
NenixDreams Fund
Fund launchprice on 1st August 2006= $1

Target for 2007 = Beat STI index

Current price of NDF as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.58

Current price of STI as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.54

Difference with STI index is 0.04

Links
Tools that Generate Passive Income

Previous Post
Archives