Nenix Dreams

A journey on Trading

About Me
Information about me, how the site works and how I came to a decision to do this site.click here
Stock Sell Counter
Stock Sell Counter Rating

Under Construction

Transactions of stocks
Below is a table of stocks that I have traded before. This will be stickied on top of blog for easier navigation.

[+/-] A to D
[+/-] E to G
[+/-] H to L
[+/-] M to Q
[+/-] R to S
[+/-] T to Z
NTS Development Issues

Updated Portfolio
Currency Exchange
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
CFD Clearance move
I really don't know what gotten into me, but I closed my positions for advSCT, AsiaEnv, PacAndes.

AdvSCT was cost averaged at $0.9725 and sold at $1.02. Because you only need to pay 1/5 of the total cost, my percentage gain based on that position is approximately 24.42%.

AsiaEnv was cost averaged at $0.67875 and it was sold at $0.765. Percentage gain based on that position is approximately 12.707%.

PacAndes was bought at $0.73 and it was sold at $0.835. Percentage gain based on that position is approximately 14.383%

Bought MMP Reit at $1.20 today. My rationale at the time was to make sure that I can capitalise on the capital returns in a month's time or park it aside while waiting for oppurtunities to come. I knew that MMP Reit is a stable stock that doesn't move much so downside risk is quite limited. But the same goes for its upside potential. Furthermore, parking it like that does incur needless charges. I see this move as a big mistake, firstly, because I bought on impulse thinking that it is a bargain, and secondly, while it is a bargain, the transaction costs would have eroded all returns. I will give myself 1 month before I close this postion.

On the whole, while I profited from today's trade, I understand that I did not follow the rules I set. Partly because fear set in as CFD is a double-edged sword. Afterall, I'm still very interested in these counters and I will most probably be coming back for 1 of them when the prices are correcting, which they most probably are now.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Nenix @ 5:57 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
NenixDreams Fund
Fund launchprice on 1st August 2006= $1

Target for 2007 = Beat STI index

Current price of NDF as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.58

Current price of STI as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.54

Difference with STI index is 0.04

Links
Tools that Generate Passive Income

Previous Post
Archives