Nenix Dreams

A journey on Trading

About Me
Information about me, how the site works and how I came to a decision to do this site.click here
Stock Sell Counter
Stock Sell Counter Rating

Under Construction

Transactions of stocks
Below is a table of stocks that I have traded before. This will be stickied on top of blog for easier navigation.

[+/-] A to D
[+/-] E to G
[+/-] H to L
[+/-] M to Q
[+/-] R to S
[+/-] T to Z
NTS Development Issues

Updated Portfolio
Currency Exchange
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Trading Philosphy
With the looming crisis, it has got me thinking about my trading strategies. While i still hold true to my ideology about trading, i do believe that adaptation of my current technique is required (which is why i am a contributor for sharesynthesis)

In this post, i will discuss about my current philosophy for trading. I believe that a successful trader needs to have in the order of importance.
  1. A grasp on the pschological aspect (understanding the various biasness a trader might have)
  2. Money Management, the decision to determine the position sizing and the actions required for the stock.
  3. Trading System, a guiding system to ensure profitability in the long run

If I have to classify my trading style, I think I would fit under "Long Term Trend Trader". This might sound strange to some because most traders are usually synonymous with "Short term". But i beg to differ. As long as one sells a share, a trade has taken place and thus be labeled as a "trader". However, let's not go into this as it will be a never ending debate.

The rationale for adopting such style is simple:
  1. Trend is the actual indicator that shows the movement in the price. It might be due to fundamentals, sentiments, political agendas and many more, but ultimately it is the trend that will exhibit these changes. I feel that analysis (tracking) of the trend is the most important aspect of my philosophy.
  2. A longer time horizon is adopted, because if the time horizon is too short, it will lead to frequent tradings and profits might be eroded. The trade-off for this is that following a longer time horizon, I will not be able to react as quickly to changes.
By following trends, one thing is for sure, I will be able to make a profit. However, the degree of profits might not be optimal due to lag in response. This is something that I will have to work hard on in the near future.

In the future, in the process of organizing my analysis and making it more structured, it will be broken down into the various components.
  1. Trend Analysis
  2. Momentum Analysis
  3. Overall Assesment

posted by Nenix @ 4:57 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
NenixDreams Fund
Fund launchprice on 1st August 2006= $1

Target for 2007 = Beat STI index

Current price of NDF as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.58

Current price of STI as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.54

Difference with STI index is 0.04

Links
Tools that Generate Passive Income

Previous Post
Archives