Nenix Dreams

A journey on Trading

About Me
Information about me, how the site works and how I came to a decision to do this site.click here
Stock Sell Counter
Stock Sell Counter Rating

Under Construction

Transactions of stocks
Below is a table of stocks that I have traded before. This will be stickied on top of blog for easier navigation.

[+/-] A to D
[+/-] E to G
[+/-] H to L
[+/-] M to Q
[+/-] R to S
[+/-] T to Z
NTS Development Issues

Updated Portfolio
Currency Exchange
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Red Sea Fishing
As expected, Ascott hit the trigger. Due to CFD, exposure to risk is higher, that is the reason why loss have to be cut ASAP. Sold at 1.70.

Another red flag is Raffles Eductaion. Not as bad as ascott as it's not a CFD item. However, I should keep an eye tomorrow.

Rotary another CFD, brings up some concern. As my positions are bought in progressively, costs incurred for rolling the contract is getting huge. I am now considering selling and then buying again so that CFD transaction costs will be minimized in the future. This might prove a good time to sell as prices might fall for a while.

Does this move contradict my style? Maybe. but this is for the sake of minimizing transaction costs.


My price fell $0.06 to $1.34 while STI fell to $1.35.
Possible reasons:
1) The CFD rolling charges are being significant
-> Consider "Rebalancing" the CFD accounts to minimize transactions costs.
2) Selection should be more stringent. Letting the cash lie there is better than just hopping on a uptrending stock
-> degree of trending and volume should be taken into consideration

HoBee taking a breather. All should be ok despite the negative short term trends
Olam has finally stopped its move and taking a break. Would most probably show negative short term trends too. I will most probably ignore short term trends. The tricky part is to differentiate secondary and primary downtrend.
CAO has slowed down too..
Golden Agri will follow suit too..

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by Nenix @ 7:39 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    u have so many trades, it is not surprising u r incurring so much transaction costs. and it seems like u r concerned with being too reliant on trends, but isnt that what a TA guy do, riding on trends?

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Blogger Nenix said…

    Right now, I am consolidating my holdings. Ascott was sold due to rules which I have to follow (giving this 1yr to see how it goes)

    Yup.. I ride on trends, but thing is it would be ideal to ride on a trend with good fundamentals. After my exams, I will consider a way to incorporate some factors into it

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
NenixDreams Fund
Fund launchprice on 1st August 2006= $1

Target for 2007 = Beat STI index

Current price of NDF as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.58

Current price of STI as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.54

Difference with STI index is 0.04

Links
Tools that Generate Passive Income

Previous Post
Archives