Nenix Dreams

A journey on Trading

About Me
Information about me, how the site works and how I came to a decision to do this site.click here
Stock Sell Counter
Stock Sell Counter Rating

Under Construction

Transactions of stocks
Below is a table of stocks that I have traded before. This will be stickied on top of blog for easier navigation.

[+/-] A to D
[+/-] E to G
[+/-] H to L
[+/-] M to Q
[+/-] R to S
[+/-] T to Z
NTS Development Issues

Updated Portfolio
Currency Exchange
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Improvements still needed
Well, maybe its me, but I just feel that my position sizing is not very good. For example, I bought too much Ferrochina recently. I'm lucky that it rises, but fact is, as a technical trader, you enter trades with higher probability. This means that I'm more often that not wrong (assumption). Poor position sizing leads to doom, be it investor or trader.



Hmm.. I'm kinda unsatisfied with my performance recently. My losses are slightly more magnified than expected. Short term trades causes slippages and more transaction costs leading to less profits. Returns per unit cost on average although good but still not what I expect. Stocks picking hasn't been good as I have missed out some breakouts. I must understand that, a trend trader just needs a few good trades to make a profitable year. But right now, I don't think I'm doing enough.



Simulations have been done to prepare myself for worst cases but I did not realise that stocks in different categories tend to react differently (uptrend and quiet, uptrend and volatile, sideways and quiet, sideways and volatile, downtrend and quiet, downtrend and volatile). I did not cater test cases for price shocks and what indicators are there to determine the difference between them.



All in all, I think if I were to grade myself, it would probably be a 55/100. Profitable returns should be considered but its because of the bull run. Furthermore, this project has been way overdue. I have not filled in the data (laziness and procrastination), I have not automated my stuff. Alright, I guess ps3 has to wait, at least till I finish these important stuff. Wanted to get it this weekend but guess I'm getting a little complacent now.



Hopefully, this will give me a good slap to push myself further. Of cos, my networth now has effectly doubled since my first day of investing and I'm feeling good, but this is a project till 40. And I'm not even near there yet, whether in terms of age, or of my ultimate goal of 1 million.



Thus, I should work harder now, maybe I should only play games on weekends only. But I'm 24 and I have 16 years left to reach my goal. I think it's not that difficult if I save properly and put in more money for investment.



Now my investment portfolio is boosted due to investment from friends and family at about 5% p.a, non compounding. I must however take into consideration that market becomes stale (neither bear or bull). This is when I will be badly hit. If time permits, I think I need to analyze foriegn markets so that I can capture trends on other markets as well.

Labels:

posted by Nenix @ 9:45 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
NenixDreams Fund
Fund launchprice on 1st August 2006= $1

Target for 2007 = Beat STI index

Current price of NDF as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.58

Current price of STI as of 1st Oct 2007 = $1.54

Difference with STI index is 0.04

Links
Tools that Generate Passive Income

Previous Post
Archives